Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thank You for Donating to Relay for Life!

I'm so excited to share with everyone that not only did I reach my goal of raising $100 for Relay for Life, but I completely surpassed it. I was going to blog about this right after the event, but people kept donating for weeks after! Just this week my Mom called and said that one of our family friends dropped off $20 at the farm for Relay for Life. How awesome is that?

So as of right now, I have raised $530 for the American Cancer Society! I can't thank my family and friends enough for their support. So in no particular order here is a list of everyone that donated to my Relay for Life team:

Rick Prohaska, Bev Wilhite, Randy Fangman, Grandma Johnson, Mom & Dad, Barry & Gretchen McGahuey, Marlene Walters, Jean Zigmant, Wendy & Clint Jensen, Tiffany Siebel, Kay Craig, Tammy Johnson, Mary Johnson, Morgan Ruter, Sarah Hansen, Madison McKone, Tyler Olson, Holly O'Brien, Jennifer Hedrick, Cole Nedved, Lauren Prohaska, Vicki Noble, Micki Noble, and Travis Reid.

I also want to give a big shout out to my Uncle Lee and Bill Colwell Ford of Hudson for each donating $100. They went above and beyond and I'm so grateful.

Along with personally raising $530, my Love Your Melon team raised over $1,300 for the American Cancer Society. We were also able to personally hand out 40 Love Your Melon hats to cancer survivors and their caregivers. Overall, it was a great night for the American Cancer Society and for the UNI Love Your Melon Campus Crew! I'm so proud to have been involved with both organizations so that hopefully someday we can cure cancer!

Handing out Love Your Melon hats to cancer survivors & caregivers at the UNI Relay for Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment